******* Update: re-opening in junE *******
VANENDO COVID-19 INSTRUCTIONS:
- If you are new to VanEndo, please fill out the “Patient Registration Form” prior to your visit. Your referring dentist is also required to fill out a “Referral Form” online, or to fax us a copy of the referral note to (604) 879-3970.
- Please also familiarize yourself with our Patient Acknowledgment Form before your root canal appointment.
- We follow the directives and recommendations provided by College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC) , BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) , BC Provincial Infection Control Network (PICNet) and WorkSafeBC regarding infection prevention and control measures.
- Pre-screening protocols and triage by telephone are provided for all patients prior to booking an appointment at VanEndo. When the patient arrives for their appointment, their pre-screening responses will be confirmed and recorded. We will defer in-person assessment and treatment for patients who exhibit risk factors for COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 during pre-screening until signs and symptoms have resolved.
- Patients who wish to seek up-to-date instructions on assessment for COVID-19 can visit the BCCDC website for information on self-assessment support and lab testing.
- Patients considered high risk for severe COVID-19 include those with pre-existing conditions such as serious respiratory disease, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised conditions, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease or those undergoing dialysis, and liver disease; pregnant patients; and patients who are 70 years and over.
- Our specialists and staff assess themselves daily for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entering the clinic. If concerned, they are advised to stay home and to contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit for advice on testing and further management.
- We adhere to all BCCDC and WorkSafeBC guidance regarding occupational health and safety exposure control plans to ensure a safe work environment for our staff and doctors. This includes robust policies, procedures and organizational cultures that ensure that no employees associated with the practice attend work when they have symptoms of illness.
Certified Specialists in Endodontics
Drs. Mahmoud Ektefaie, Ellen Park, and Ahmed Hieawy are the experts in performing root canals and other complex endodontic procedures. Our priority is saving your natural teeth. We perform root canals almost exclusively and we deliver the best outcomes with the highest rates of tooth survival. Our goal is to provide unsurpassed quality care backed by solid research in the field of endodontics and in a compassionate environment of professionalism and clinical excellence.
At VanEndo, we use microsurgical techniques to improve your comfort. We are trained in and use advanced technology (e.g. 3-D cone beam computed tomography and digital radiography, operating microscopes, rotary instruments, ultrasonics and fiber optics).
In order to save time during your initial visit at VanEndo, please click on our secure “Patient Registration Form” to complete your health history online in advance of your appointment. We ensure that your information and dental records in our practice are retained, transferred, and disposed of in a secure manner and in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia (PIPA).
We hope to provide you with information that will help you understand today’s root canal treatment and endodontic microsurgery, and provide answers to any questions you may have regarding saving your teeth.